Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Too Hot

As The Undertones once said, 'Here Comes the Summer"

....tonites 10k road run felt like it was being held inside a sauna...a nice fast start up and down countless hills but then the heat set in and that horrible sluggish heavy feeling along with it...my Garmin was showing dreadful paces of 5.45, 5.50 and even 6.00 as my morale dropped and I had to resort to survival mode....apparently it was 23C at 7pm... I was in a vicious cycle i couldnt get out of...

....also my two lovely friends (you know who you are) piked at 6kms with all sorts of excuses about swallowing flies and such........meanwhile i was thinking they were out of sight and desperately trying to catch them......

... hopefully it will be cooler this Sunday for the inaugural Warriors bush run, a fantastic 10km lop along the Great North Walk.....back to the music....

No comments:

Post a Comment