Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Run Within Yourself ?


“Do not compare yourself to others. Run within yourself and for yourself first."

I found this quote on a Facebook running page and its probably the best quote ive seen about running, one that really captures the attitude I am trying to develop at the moment.

Tonite's run was a perfect case in point. We are doing an 11km training run, lots of hills..usually when we run less than 20 or 15kms I pace myself based on other runners in the group...for the last couple of runs, however, I have been really trying to listen to my own body instead, gauging how much fuel I have left, pulling back if Im going too hard, speeding up when I have extra left.....sounds simple I know but after 18 months Im still learning to trust my own body and am only just learning that flogging yourself really isn't the way to approach things...

The verdict tonite...11kms in 57.5..a pace of 5.2 which has to be close to my record and felt so much better


No comments:

Post a Comment