Sunday, June 27, 2010

Winding It Up Again for the Half Marathon



The brain has some pretty amazing features, including it's capacity to forget trauma !! Hence my suprise at the effort involved in todays 16.5km long run....the first this size since our half 2 months ago........20 or so runners started off at 630 am in 7C temperature along a straight flat road that went five kms out and 5kms back......the rest Im afraid was mostly hills, not a great arrangment....I was proud to be kicking arse at the 10km mark after running very hard for 5kms but then (as usual) began to wane as 5-6 hills kept rearing their ugly heads....after the third I felt decidedly nausous, a swig of gatorade on my hand held bottle and Van Halen's "Runnin' With the Devil" didnt really help and I staggered over the last Km with the tank almost empty.....I was abit surprised by the time though 5.3mins/km over 16.5....Im very happy with it but now have that "completely knackered after waking up early and then drinking 2 glasses of red wine at night" feeling...

No comments:

Post a Comment