Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bay Run 2010 Race Report


Nature put a spectacular day for the 2010 Bay Run this morning, a fast flat 7km race with men and women racing separately and with a special race for dogs and their owners. I was abit nervous given the fact that I got lost on my run yesterday with a friend in the Northern Beaches (a 7km run turned into 15).............after a quick toilet break behind a tree we set off, maybe a thousand runners....my aim was to run pretty hard the whole way, not at panting level but close and this worked a treat...at the 3km mark I was running under 5 mins/km and held this steady at the 4,5 and 6 markers.....the last km was a struggle, with the familiar "why the hell am I doing this" feeling which i think I ignored reasonably successfully...finished at 33.59 mins, a pace of 4.85mins/km, 70 out of 190 in my age (40-49) and gender category......this is my fastest time ever....either in training or in a race..so i was totally stoked.....bring on the City2Surf............



oh yeah..........I'd like to formally thank Darude for his inspiration...

No comments:

Post a Comment