Monday, July 26, 2010

Note to Self: Run the Long Race



I'm getting worried ? Why ? Talked to three people yesterday and today who are all injured and questioning their ability to run in the coming series of races in August/September.....one at kids soccer who has been out for 10 months, someone at work who has been out for three months with hamstring problems, another one who has hurt his back.......listening to these stories makes me remind myself that i need to focus on sustainable running, listen to my body at all times and make sure that i give myself enough rest........everything points to the need to pace over the long term and take time out to cross train, build muscles, stretch.........

Theres a long bow between this post and this song but its pure brilliance anyway....

No comments:

Post a Comment