Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Take it easy


Now that Jabulani is over it's time to start thinking about the next few months..I have 2 races on the calendar...pub2pub (13kms) in 2-3 weeks, and Blackmoore's half in a five weeks....

I need to make sure I do a proper rest over the next seven days if Im am to get rolling for these..my legs feel pretty worn out still and so I plan to do all my scheduled runs but only at a very easy pace..Ill even avoid the Bushrunners this Sunday if they are still not right to make sure

Next four Thursdays after that will involve a long run 0f between 17-20kms, plus one killer bush run and 2 recovery runs per week.....Ill try and run the long ones at the pace i need to do a 1:55 Half marathon, one minute better than my last one..

Hopefully i have learned my lesson since Canberra marathon where i went straight back into training right afterwards, smashing out fast runs after two-three days off..ridiculous


No comments:

Post a Comment