Saturday, November 5, 2011

Running Clears the Sinuses

ronaldo blow nose Cristiano Ronaldo blowing his nose

The last three weeks has not been the ideal preparation for the Marysville half, starting with a sprained ankle in the bush which put me out for ten days and then the manflu which got me for another week....in that time Ive probably done 7 runs max and quite abit of cross training...

This morning, however, was one of those beautiful solid runs, where your not killing yourself, but you have no niggles and feel your power and you glide along.....sometimes i think running 4 times a week may be too often as you never fully get your body back to square one..after a week in New Zealand teaching with the flu it was fantastic to run easy with my two partners just for the hell of it..11 hilly kms, including the 'bastard' hill down in Beecroft that is almost vertical......there's nothing better for clearing the sinuses after the flu although i think my buddies were abit grossed out....luckily, as you can see above, it did show off my abs when i was doing it!

Its nice to be back and to make things better tomorrow i have my chi running coaching session..

No comments:

Post a Comment