Saturday, October 16, 2010

The SAN Run For Life Report





What a fantastic morning for the 10km Sydney Adventist Hospital Run For Life....11C and no clouds...perfect running weather...twenty or more Warriors were present, some to run and others to walk around with their little kids...

At the start of the race we stood way too close to the elite-looking runners for my comfort and when we took off the bulk of the Warriors went out like the clappers....I took my time due to my ankle but remember last year knackering myself before the steep hill of the Glade...I was running 5 min pace at the 2 km mark and the others were nowhere is sight....I just kept to my new injury-prevention robot form, stretching out on the flat and running slowly up the hills and gingerly down...at the 5km mark my pace was still 5.3 which i was really happy with, a pace i kept to religiously from that point on...

I have to say that I felt really relaxed with my new posture..so much less stressful than my swinging stooped lurch and death face from before!!...things just seemed to feel calmer, even though I really tried to do a few surges on 2 occasions.....I saw our lead runner at the 6km mark on the way back....he was placed in the top thirty or so and killing it with his 4.3mins/k pace...

Sprinted the last 500 metres and crossed the line very happily with 53.37....last year my time was 58 but i was around 12KG's heavier back then...

All up a thoroughly enjoyable run and a good omen for my future after a pretty tough month on the injury front....I notice from the results that my age group (41-50) actually had the fastest average time of all runners at 54.09, faster than the 18 year olds (55) or the 18-25's (58)...




No comments:

Post a Comment