Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pub2Pub 12kms Race Report

athlete photo

What a venue for a run, from Long Reef to The Newport Arms in the most beautiful spot in the world, Sydney's Northern Beaches.

The course was shortened to 12kms due to the fact that the lagoon broke its banks and cut off the normal 1km beach start....me and 2 Warriors set off hard and fast along the first flat 6kms...Im pretty sure we ran 4.8's all the way......its so good to have other people you know to help push the pace... then came the roller coaster hills of Warriewood where they took off in front of me.

I kept saying "run your own race" to myself, something Id planned for, which really worked wonders...no panicked running, no exasperation.....just a steady hard confident slog until the next flat where i strided out again......then came 2kms up Newport Hill...not too bad... and a 500 meter semi-sprint to the end..61.55mins over 12kms...placed 853/4000.....

athlete photo

Im absolutely stoked by this, my fastest race over this distance and all achieved by keeping things steady, running my own race and slugging it slowly on hills and hard of the flat......just what I needed after City2Surf...last years time was 82mins..

athlete photo

A special congratulations to my 2 running partners who both ran under 60 mins.....incredible effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment