Friday, February 11, 2011

Couch to Coach in Two Years


Today marks another milestone in my journey from sloth to fit person...two years ago I was busy watching TV, smoking and patting my belly..today will be my first session coaching my daughters Basketball team...Ok, might not seem momentous to many but it has symbolic meaning to me being yet another advantage of being fit and active...I played basketball during my fat years..40 minutes of being out of breath once a week was the only exercise i got.....I found some pretty good quotes that will represent my attitude towards it..Positive coaching and hard work

"Do your best to make each person associated with your program feel special... People want and need to be appreciated."

"Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence by seeing how you react. If you are in control, they are in control." -- Tom Landry

"Leadership is the ability to lift and inspire."
-- Paul Dietzel

"Continuous effort -- not strength or intelligence -- is the key to unlocking our potential."
Liane Cardes

No comments:

Post a Comment