Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Rest Makes You Stronger


Decided this week to have a 'rest week' after my legs just felt smashed while running bush on Sunday...Ive put in three weeks trying to increase my speed, forgoing lots of recovery runs and generally breaking my own rules..God, it's addictive...no recovery runs and little stretching for three weeks results in feeling completely knackered.

I have to confess to enjoying a sleep in Tuesday morning and making it up with an avo 2km swim which i thoroughly enjoyed...today my legs are coming back to normal and ill run with the Warriors slower than normal.

Here's a great article on Rest Weeks..basically it says whats the point of training hard if you dont leave a space for your legs to adjust and the muscles to build..this wont happen if your just pounding them into submission all the time..


No comments:

Post a Comment