Thursday, April 29, 2010

Why Do We Really Run ?

Wow, for the past 3 months we've been training for the Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon, yes it's a race but I'm sure for all people who are doing this for the first time it's what it represents that counts...............

For me it represents so many things: Yes, a year and a bit since giving up smoking but most importantly doing something for myself after so long in the helping professions (Psychology). It's taken me 20 years to figure out that having a vocation to help others is not neccesarily the best thing for me. This race is like a ritual that says I've finally got some balance..............a mid-life celebration.........

Running is more than it seems, Im sure this is the case for most.......why do you run ?

No comments:

Post a Comment